About Me

My photo
I am a wife and mom to one adorable, headstrong princess and I LOVE being CRAFTY!!

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Renaissance Dress

Inspired by the upcoming Renaissance Faire, I decided to try my hand at making a costume. I was inspired by the photo below. (Source unknown to me but I'll gladly post it if someone knows where it's from)
I loved the shoulder style and the color so I set out to find a similar fabric. 
I used McCalls 4696 pattern for the top and made my own pattern for the skirt. I also made matching shoes but they aren't period correct so I will have to come up with something different before the event. 
Here is the dress on my dress form. 
I need to make a few adjustments to get the corset bottom to lay flat, but overall it was a enjoyable project. The sleeves are strips of fabric hemmed, turned and ironed. Looking back I wish I'd have stiffened them up with some interfacing but they are fine for my usage. 
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment